If you are considering bariatric surgery as a way to transform your life, you probably have a lot of questions. That is why Dr. Alok Gandhi and his bariatric team in Rochester, Greece, and Newark, NY offer informational seminars to answer questions and address concerns for potential patients, free of charge.
Topics covered include:
What makes someone a candidate for bariatric surgery?
What is the difference between the bariatric procedures?
What lifestyle changes do patients need to make before and after having bariatric surgery?
What are the potential risks or side effects?
What do patients need to do after surgery to stay healthy and keep the weight off?
What can/cannot patients eat after the procedure?
How long does surgery take, and how long will patients need to stay in the hospital for?
How long is the recovery time?
How much weight can patients lose with weight-loss surgery and how long will it take?
Is bariatric surgery covered by insurance? What insurance providers do you work with?
Call our seminar phone number today for more information! 585-922-5465
Online Seminars Click Here!
Dr. Gandhi posts his seminars online, for you to watch anytime, anywhere, at your convenience. However, we highly encourage patients to come to seminars in person, and to meet with us to discuss their options in a more personalized manner.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions we will not be holding in-person seminars at this time.
To access our online seminars, click here or fill out the form below!
Newark-Wayne DeMay Living Center Classroom
100 Sunset Dr.
Newark, NY 14513
Rochester General Weiner Room
1425 Portland Ave
Rochester, NY 14621
Acacia Family Health
15 Elizabeth Dr.
Lockport, NY 14094
- About Obesity
- Calculate Your BMI
- FAQs of Bariatric Surgery: https://asmbs.org/patients/faqs-of-bariatric-surgery
- How can you escape type 2 diabetes: https://asmbs.org/patients/surgery-for-diabetes
- Diabetes Risk Calculator: https://asmbs.org/escape-diabetes/risk-calculator
- American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery: https://asmbs.org/patients
- Blogs: https://www.rochesterregional.org/services/surgery/bariatric/
- Rochester Regional Health Patient Portals: https://www.rochesterregional.org/patient-portal/
- Meet the Rochester Regional Health Bariatric Team
Blog Coming Soon!
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM